Head of Digital
We are looking for a new Head of Creative to lead our creative output as a video agency. To be right for this role, you will have advertising or marketing experience and be confident developing effective creative concepts for clients. This role is part art direction and part copywriting and will involve collaborating closely with our design, digital and video teams. As part of our rapid development as an agency, we are looking to add a significant creative capability to our proposition, so this role is an important and strategic one.
- Develop concepts for advertising or promotional campaigns
- Pitch ideas to clients as part of a team
- Negotiate with clients to amend ideas in line with their wishes and explain what is and is not possible
- Storyboard or translate ideas in collaboration with the wider team of designers, digital producers and video producer/directors
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Evaluate and, if necessary alter, the content of projects before completion
- Develop and manage the creative output in partnership with the wider team
- Ensure all the client’s visuals created are consistent with their overall brand
- Write scripts and copy for video, digital and visual projects across all platforms
- Sign off projects before they are presented to the client
Creativity skills: First and foremost the candidate must be good at creating concepts for others to work on. They must have a keen awareness of current trends in video, advertising and graphic design.
Communication and presentation skills: They need excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to clients and also explain their ideas to members of the wider team.
Interpersonal skills: Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. They need a clear creative vision while remaining open to others’ ideas in a collaborative approach.
Digital and graphic design skills: Extensive knowledge of graphic design and filmmaking techniques is essential. Video scripting, copywriting and storyboarding skills are required.
Qualifications & Relevant Experience
An undergraduate degree in graphic design, fine arts, visual communication, video, film, typography or a related subject is required. A postgraduate degree in these subjects is an advantage. Over four years of experience working in the advertising or marketing sectors required. Possibly currently in an art director, designer or copywriter position. Supervisory experience, including leadership, team-building, teamwork and delegation is an advantage because they will be working closely with the wider team collaborating on a range of projects.
We are based in Dublin city centre. We are a driven, creative and collaborative bunch of people who need a Head of Creative to help us grow our blue-chip client base. Strong salary and performance related bonus are available for the right person.
How to apply
Please email your CV to [email protected], including “Head of Creative application” in the email title.